Got questions? We’ve got answers! (Well, some answers.) If you have questions as a new member, a renewing member, or simply want to know more about NCF resources, networks and ministry opportunities, see below. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, email NCF. Our dedicated staff team says, “We know a lot, but we don’t know it all.”
The Membership Process (joining or renewing)
Q: What do I need to know as a new member?
A: Congratulations! Now that you’ve joined the NCF professional network, here is brief reminder of what you will receive as an NCF member:
- Access Member Benefits with just your member number or email you used to sign up for membership.
- Your new member packet should be arriving soon with your membership card and welcome letter from Kathy Schoonover-Shoffner, NCF National Director.
- Once a month you will receive the NCF member e-newsletter, Charting the Way, with a devotional thought from our staff and a variety of other news features and ministry tools. [NOTE: Please do not “unsubscribe” to this newsletter or we will have no way to contact you when your membership is due for renewal.]
- You have full online access to the Journal of Christian Nursing, a professional journal filled with articles, research, personal stories and spiritually encouragement. All you need to access JCN is your member number or email. Take advantage of the JCN online archive, special JCN Collections, and use your 30% off member discount for ongoing NCPD credits.
- Join NCF's quarterly Journal Club (earn free NCPD), to connect with NCF and other members. Watch Charting the Way and Journal Club email announcements for dates, times, and web links. View Journal Clubs and earn NCPD here.
Please bookmark NCF in your inbox so our communications don’t end up in your spam or junk folder!
Q: How do I know if it’s time to renew?
A: Choose auto renew and never worry about your membership expiring! Save time and moeny.
With one-year membership, your renewal date is one year from the day you joined. Within 89 days before your membership is due to expire, you can renew online or send a check with your completed renewal form to: NCF Membership, P.O. Box 7895, Madison, WI 53707. We'll send you reminders.
Q: What if I forget to renew?
A: We know you're busy. If you forget to renew, you will receive additional reminders (emails and postcards) that it is time to renew your membership. Please bookmark NCF in your inbox so our emails to you don’t end up in your spam or junk mail!
Q: Is my payment information secure?
A: Our highest priority is to protect your vital information online. When you pay for your membership it is processed with a secure WebConnex account that is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information.
Q: Where can I find my membership number, expiration date, and profile information?
A: Go to any page in RegFox (we suggest Member Benefits) and in the upper right corner find this link in orange: Resend Confirmation. Click on that link and enter the email you used to sign up for membership. You’ll immediately receive an email will all of your membership information. You also can access a receipt for your membership payment from that email.
Q: How do I print my membership information?
A. If you need proof of membership, print your confirmation email (see how to resend above). The email contains your profile, all member infomation, member ID, and start/end dates.
Q: Is any or all of the membership fee tax deductible?
A: Good question. The answer is no, as your payment is for a service (membership) and a product (the Journal of Christian Nursing) and so is not considered a donation. If you want to make a donation to support a staff member or a specific NCF ministry, the gift is tax deductible.
Member Benefits: JCN, CE and more
Q: How can I receive all that NCF membership offers?
Becoming a member of the NCF professional organization is only the beginning of connecting with other nurses who share a common vision for God’s grace and truth to permeate all we do. As we care for others, we reflect the love of Jesus to our patients, colleagues, friends and family.
We provide a variety of resources to assist you on this journey. Take advantage of all that NCF has to offer:
- You’ll find an overview of your member benefits here. Bookmark this page, click on the benefits, and use your member number or email to discover details about each benefit available to you as part of the NCF professional organization.
- Check out the NCF Nurses Blog and subscribe to automatically receive featured stories and ministry highlights from around the country. Stay up-to-date on how God is working through NCF groups on campus and in the community.
- Explore the NCF website for Bible studies, guidelines for spiritual care, resources for students and faculty, and much more.
- Join the NCF Facebook network for current news, articles and resources to equip you to serve Christ in nursing.
- Participate in NCF's quarterly Journal Club (earn free CE!). Watch Charting the Way and special Journal Club email announcements for dates, times, and web links. View past Journal Clubs here.
Q: How do I take JCN NCPD tests online?
Instructions for taking a JCN Nursing Continuing Professional Development (CE) test online:
- Find the 30% off discount code for JCN and all other Lippincott NCPF under Member Benefits and NCPD Discounts.
- Read the article. The test for every JCN CE activity can be taken online at www.NursingCenter.com/CE/CNJ. Find the test under the article title. You will need to create a username and password and login to your personal CE Planner account before taking online tests. Your free planner will keep track of all your online CE activities for you.
- NOTE: NCF does not manage Lippincott's CEConnection websites. You must email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
- There is only one correct answer for each question. A passing score for tests is 70% correct. If you pass, you can print your certificate of earned contact hours and access the answer key. If you fail, you have the option of taking the test again at no additional cost.
- NCPD tests also are available for viewing at www.journalofchristiannursing.com in the table of contents for each issue in which the NCPD article appears.
- Visit www.nursingcenter.com for other NCPD activities and your personalized planner tool.
- For questions, contact Lippincott Williams & Wilkins: 1-800-787-8985
Lippincott Professional Development (LPD) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Each CE activity is also provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 11749. LPD is also provider approved by boards on nursing in District of Columbia (50-1223) and Florida (50-1223) and Georgia Board of Nursing (50-1223). Your certificate is valid in all states.
Lippincott Professional Development American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation status does not imply that ANCC endorses or approves any commercial product presented.
Q: What discounts on NCPD are available to members only?
As a benefit of NCF membership, receive a 30% discount on Journal of Christian Nursing continuing education, and on all CE from over 40 other nursing journals at NursingCenter.com. Whatever your nursing practice, you’ll find relevant Continuing Education, with special discounts for NCF members only. Go here for the code that gives you a 30% CE discount on Nursing Center's CE Connection. You save $5 - $8 on every CE module you take using your NCF NCPD discount!
Q: How do I check on my NCPD credits?
You can access your credits with your login at the Lippincott Nursing Center. This includes any NCPD you received through Journal of Christian Nursing and your NCF member CE discount. You can contact NursingCenter Customer Service at 1-800-787-8985 (M-F, 8:30 am - 7 pm ET) or email CustomerService@NursingCenter.com. NCF does not track member NCPD credits.
Q: I just joined. How do I get access to a JCN article?
NCF members can go here with your member number or email for a direct link to Journal of Christian Nursing with free access to all current and archived issues. Check out the Topical Collections and Online Exclusive features.
To learn how to set up a JCN Personal Library ofr your own customized account for your digital JCN you will need to create your own personal login at JournalofChristianNursing.com. Contact Lippincott Member Services at MemberService@LWW.com or 866-489-0443 for help setting up your personal account. You will need your member number and tell them Journal of Christian Nursing or "CNJ."
If you need additional assistance with your benefits, contact email@example.com. We will respond as soon as possible during normal business hours, Monday to Friday.
Navigating Members-Only Content
Q: What if I forgot my password?
There is no password to login into member benefits. All you need is your member number and email you used to sign up for membership.
Q: What if I need to change my email address?
Your email address is your username for your membership login so it is important to update this information if you change email accounts. Email NCF@intervarsity.org with any email changes.
Q: How do I change my mailing address for JCN?
Keep your NCF Personal Profile information up-to-date and we’ll take care of the rest. NCF sends updated addresses to our JCN publishers on a regular basis so that you’ll receive every issue of Journal of Christian Nursing when you move (if you are a print subscriber).
Q: What do you do with my personal information?
The information you provide will only be used to help us better serve our members. We do not share information with anyone.
Q: What if I am not living in the USA?
Membership in Nurses Christian Fellowship/USA requires a U.S. postal address.
Membership or Ministry?
Q: Do I need to pay dues to be part of a local NCF ministry?
No. Members of local chapters meet for spiritual growth, outreach opportunities and professional encouragement. Find NCF ministry in your area.
We also encourage all Christian nurses, educators, and nursing students to join our national professional network for a modest fee. The cost of NCF membership covers a subscription to the Journal of Christian Nursing (a $70 value), online access to all past issues of JCN, discounts on NCPD and free NCPD, and more. Find out how to become an NCF member.
Q: What is the difference between being an NCF member and being part of a local group?
All are invited to be part of a local NCF group to connect with other nurses and share your spiritual journeys through Bible studies, prayer, and outreach or service programs. Sometimes people refer to themselves as a “member” of an NCF group or chapter. This means they are involved on the local level.
Being an NCF member can also mean joining the professional nursing organization NCF. Professional membership is on an individual basis and can include nursing students, educators, nurses of all ages, other healthcare providers, and non-nurse friends of NCF. Like other professional organizations, there is an annual membership fee which includes a subscription to the Journal of Christian Nursing, NCPD discounts, and other great benefits. An NCF membership can qualify as a magnet model component in magnet hospital systems.