University of Northwestern - St. Paul
University of Northwestern - St. Paul has a Nurses Christian Fellowship group that meets during the semester.
The School of Nursing exists to provide Christ-centered, biblically-based, service-focused nursing education, equipping individuals with the skills and abilities required of professional nurses to effectively serve Christ and assume servant-leadership roles while providing ministry and service to humankind.
Philosophy of Ministry and Service
The philosophy of the School of Nursing has been framed by the concepts of the nursing paradigm, ministry and service, and by beliefs about a sovereign God within a biblically-based Christian Worldview
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- State Board of Registered Nursing
- Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
- A biblically-based, service-focused nursing education.
- The Saline Process® healthcare witness training, gives students practical tools to live out their faith and help address spiritual needs of patients with permission, sensitivity, and respect.
- Opportunity to learn the skills and abilities required of professional nurses.
- State-of-the-art Skills and Simulation Labs creates a safe, interactive learning environment that fosters critical thinking and confident preparation of nursing skills.
- Clinical experiences reflect the diversity in the contemporary health care setting.
- Christ-centered, servant-leadership modeled by faculty.
- The Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing Practice are taught in the final term courses: Evidence-Based Services; Service Leadership and Management; Community and Population-based Care Services; and, Business Finance for Healthcare Services.
Mission or Service-Learning Opportunities for Students
Students will step into a culture different than their own in order to examine their own Christian values and ethics in relationship to socio-cultural variables. Transcultural experiences have included trips to Ecuador, Ireland, Jamaica, Uganda, Zambia, the Ukraine, Mexico and Zimbabwe.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BS, BSN)