Union University College of Nursing and Health Sciences
Union University provides Christ-centered education that promotes excellence and character development in service to Church and society.
The mission of the College of Nursing and Health Sciences is to be excellence-driven, Christ-centered, people-focused, and future-directed while preparing qualified individuals for a career in the caring, therapeutic, teaching profession of nursing.
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- State Board of Registered Nursing
- Coursework meets American Association of Colleges of Nursing standards
- National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties (NONPF)
- Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (COA)
- SACS-COC (University-wide)
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN)
Center for Excellence in Health Care Practice - The purpose is to demonstrate the Christian worldview of humanity in enhancing the skills and knowledge of students and existing health care practitioners. Learning opportunities include simulation education, continuing education programs, information services to the community, and excellence in clinical research.
Union University offers study abroad programs for all majors, including nursing, through the Center for Intercultural Engagement. The department of Language provides the opportunity to combine a French or Spanish minor with a nursing major.
Annual trip to the Dominican Republic - Students travel to provide health care in remote villages.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BS, BSN)
- Accelerated BSN (post-bachelor’s/second degree BSN)
- RN to BSN
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice / Master of Business Administration (DNP/MBA)