Northwest University Mark and Huldah Buntain College of Nursing
Northwest University has a Nurses Christian Fellowship group that meets during the semester.
The Mark and Huldah Buntain College of Nursing at Northwest University prepares graduates to answer their call to serve God throughout the world and lead others by using their professional expertise as nurses.
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- State Board of Registered Nursing
- Coursework meets American Association of Colleges of Nursing standards
- US Department of Education Title IV Institution Council for Christian Colleges and Universities
Whether you are an undergraduate or graduate student, the programs offered by the Buntain College of Nursing offer opportunities for service, leadership, and professional growth with a purposeful integration of faith, emphasis on global health and cross-cultural responsiveness, and a holistic assessment of health in your professional practice.
- Prelicensure Bachelor of Science in Nursing: Offered at the Northwest University Kirkland campus and blends scientific, clinical, and holistic health studies-enhanced by cross-cultural study - to give students a global perspective on engaging with human studies - enhanced by cross-cultural study - to give students a global perspective on engaging with human need.
- Registered Nurse-to Bachelor of Science in Nursing - 100% online program provides RNs with skills in clinical judgment, leadership, population, and global health. A variety of practice experiences enrich your learning at clinical agencies within driving distance of your home.
- Master of Science in Nursing - 100% online program emphasizes leadership, policy development and regulatory practice, nursing research, and cross-cultural practice. You will gain specialized experience and knowledge with the design and implementations of a scholarly project aligned with your nursing interest. Complete your program entirely online with practice experiences near your own home.
- Required clinical/cultural/ministerial experience for prelicensure students during senior year of nursing program. Sites have included: Kenya, Republic of Georgia, Mexico, Belize, Philippines, Taiwan, Kazakhstan, India, Alaska Appalachia, and Florida.
- Optional cultural experiences abroad for MSN students.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BS, BSN)
- RN to BSN
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)