Bryan College Clara Ward School of Nursing
School of Nursing Purpose
The Ward School of Nursing exists to mentor, inspire and educate born healers into their calling.
BSN Program Mission
The BSN Program prepares students to become professional nurses who utilize skill, ingenuity and grace in order to meet the world’s changing needs, and thus represent the Lord Jesus.
- Tennessee State Board of Registered Nursing
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
- Coursework meets American Association of Colleges of Nursing standards
- US Department of Education Title IV Institution Council for Christian Colleges and Universities
- The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Bryan College is pursuing initial accreditation by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), 655 K Street NW, Washington, DC 20001, (202) 887-6791. Applying for accreditation does not guarantee that accreditation will be granted.
- Our students interact with people at their most basic levels during their times of greatest need and they will need to demonstrate great competence and great compassion.
- We believe that a Christian college campus isn’t meant to be a place of retreat and seclusion, but a place to learn how to creatively engage the world as Christ’s proxies on earth.
- We will challenge students to think critically regarding the world of ideas and affirm the truth of the Word of God as the foundation of all life and learning.
- Our purpose is to mentor, inspire, and educate born healers into their calling.
- Our students will become professional nurses who utilize skill, ingenuity, and grace to meet the world’s changing needs, and thus represent the Lord Jesus.
- We are fearlessly dedicated to preparing students to be Christ’s hands and feet to a hurting world.
We have a heart for the health of people in underserved, rural areas, whether inside or outside the U.S. Dean Giles served for six years as a missionary nurse in Sierra Leone, West Africa and wants to mentor and inspire students with knowledge and skills to care for patients from cultures different from their own. Bryan College has a history of short-term mission and learning abroad opportunities, and the School of Nursing plans to do the same.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BS, BSN)