Got questions? We’ve got answers! (Well, some answers.) If you have questions as a new member, a renewing member, or simply want to know more about NCF resources, networks and ministry opportunities, see below. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, email NCF. Our dedicated office staff team says, “We know a lot, but we don’t know it all.”
Q: What is the InterVarsity login?
NCF is using the secure login system of InterVarsity Christian Fellowship.
Q: What if I forgot my password?
Your personal login (username and password) can be changed at InterVarsity Account Management.
Q: What if I need to change my email address?
Your email address is your username for your membership login so it is important to update this information when you change email accounts. You can edit your personal login (email, username and password) at InterVarsity Account Management.
Q: How do I change my mailing address for JCN?
Keep your NCF Personal Profile information up-to-date and we’ll take care of the rest. NCF sends updated addresses to our JCN publishers on a regular basis so that you’ll receive every issue of Journal of Christian Nursing when you move.
Q: What do you do with my personal information?
The information you provide will only be used to help us better serve our members. We do not share information with anyone.
Q: What if I'm not living in the USA?
Membership in Nurses Christian Fellowship/USA requires a U.S. postal address. International nurses can take advantage of a greatly discounted online-only JCN subscription (no member benefits included). Go here for more information and subscribe using PayPal.
The Membership Process (joining or renewing)
Q: What do I need to know as a new member?
Congratulations! Now that you’ve joined the NCF professional network, here is brief reminder of what you will receive as an NCF member:
- Your new member packet should have already arrived with your NCF Membership card, NCF pin, and welcome letter from Kathy Schoonover-Shoffner, NCF national director.
- Once a month you will receive the NCF member e-newsletter, Charting the Way, with a devotional thought from Kathy Schoonover-Shoffner and a variety of other news features and ministry tools. [NOTE: Please do not “unsubscribe” to this newsletter or we will have no way to contact you when your membership is due for renewal.]
- You will receive the Journal of Christian Nursing, a quarterly periodical filled with articles, research, personal stories and spiritually encouraging material for the Christian nurse. Take advantage of the JCN online archive, special JCN Collections, and use your member discount for ongoing CE credits.
- Join NCF's monthly Member Video Chats and quarterly Journal Club (earn free CE!), to connect with NCF and other members. Watch Charting the Way and special Video Chat / Journal Club email announcements for dates, times, and web links.
Please bookmark NCF in your inbox so our communications don’t end up in your spam or junk folder!
Q: How do I know if it’s time to renew?
Your membership renewal date is based on the end-date in your personal profile. Please login to view your membership. This is sent in your annual confirmation email. It is included in every Charting the Way monthly e-newsletter. Before your membership is due to expire, you can login and renew online or send a check with your completed renewal form to: NCF Membership, P.O. Box 7895, Madison, WI 53707.
Q: What if I forget to renew?
We know you're busy. If you forget to renew, you will receive up to five reminders that it is time to renew your annual membership. You can expect to receive up to three email notifications and two postal mail notifications. Please bookmark NCF in your inbox so our emails to you don’t end up in your spam or junk mail!
Q: Is my payment information secure?
Our highest priority is to protect your vital information online. When you pay for your membership it is processed with a secure PayPal account that is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information.
Of course, if you prefer to write a check and mail it, please send it to NCF, P.O. Box 7895, Madison, WI 53707-7895 with your completed membership application (download PDF) for proper processing.
Q: Where can I find my membership number, expiration date, and profile information?
Log in to view your membership number and expiration as part of your personal profile. Your member number is also included in your monthly member e-newsletter, Charting the Way. (NOTE: if you are not receiving “Charting the Way” in your inbox, check your Spam filter, Junk mail or Gmail Promotions.)
Q: How do I print my member card?
If you need proof of membership, you can log in to your NCF member account and view your NCF member information, member ID, and start/end dates. This profile screen can be printed from your browser. You will receive an email (via MailChimp) with your new or updated member card and a letter highlighting your member benefits.
For Renewing Members: You will receive an email with the updated membership information and membership card. Please check your Junk mail to assure safe delivery. If you have not received an email with your updated member card within 7 to 10 days, please email NCF.
For New Members: You will receive a welcome packet in the mail with your membership card and information. If you have not received your new member packet in 14-20 days, please email NCF.
Q: Is any or all of the membership fee tax deductible?
A: Good question. The answer is no, as your payment is for a service (membership) and a product (the Journal of Christian Nursing) and so is not considered a donation. If you want to make a donation to support a staff member or a specific NCF ministry, the gift is tax deductible.
Member Benefits: JCN, CE and more
Q: How can I receive all that NCF membership offers?
Becoming a member of the NCF professional organization is only the beginning of connecting with other nurses who share a common vision for God’s grace and truth to permeate all we do. As we care for others, we reflect the love of Jesus to our patients, colleagues, friends and family.
We provide a variety of resources to assist you on this journey. Take advantage of all that NCF has to offer:
- Sign up here for NCF Connections, a monthly e-newsletter that highlights important news, resources, ministry stories and timely reminders for nurses, nursing students and educators connected with NCF. This is different than your Charting the Way newsletter which is for members only and highlights member benefits.
- Check out the NCF Nurses Blog and subscribe to automatically receive featured stories and ministry highlights from around the country. Stay up-to-date on how God is working through NCF groups on campus and in the community.
- Explore the NCF website for Bible studies, guidelines for spiritual care, resources for faculty, and much more.
- Join the NCF Facebook network for current news, articles and resources to equip you to serve Christ in nursing.
- Participate in NCF's monthly member Video Chats and quarterly Journal Club (earn free CE!). Watch Charting the Way and special Video Chat / Journal Club email announcements for dates, times, and web links.
Q: How do I take JCN CE tests online?
Instructions for taking a JCN CE test online:
- Read the article. The test for every JCN CE activity can be taken online at www.NursingCenter.com/CE/CNJ. Find the test under the article title. You will need to create a username and password and login to your personal CE Planner account before taking online tests. Your free planner will keep track of all your online CE activities for you.
- There is only one correct answer for each question. A passing score for tests is 70% correct. If you pass, you can print your certificate of earned contact hours and access the answer key. If you fail, you have the option of taking the test again at no additional cost.
- CE tests also are available for viewing at www.journalofchristiannursing.com in the table of contents for each issue in which the CE article appears.
- Visit www.nursingcenter.com for other CE activities and your personalized CE planner tool.
- For questions, contact Lippincott Williams & Wilkins: 1-800-787-8985
Lippincott Professional Development (LPD) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Each CE activity is also provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 11749. LPD is also provider approved by boards on nursing in District of Columbia (50-1223) and Florida (50-1223) and Georgia Board of Nursing (50-1223). Your certificate is valid in all states.
Lippincott Professional Development American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation status does not imply that ANCC endorses or approves any commercial product presented.
Q: What discounts on CE are available to members only?
As a benefit of NCF membership, receive a 30% discount on Journal of Christian Nursing continuing education, and on all CE from over 40 other nursing journals at NursingCenter.com. Whatever your nursing practice, you’ll find relevant Continuing Education, with special discounts for NCF members only. Use your member login for instructions and promo codes for the 30% CE discount. You save $5 - $6 on every CE module you take using your NCF CE discount!
Q: How do I check on my CE credits?
You can access your CE credits with your login at the Lippincott Nursing Center. This includes any CE you received through Journal of Christian Nursing and your NCF member CE discount. You can contact NursingCenter Customer Service at 1-800-787-8985 (M-F, 8:30 am - 7 pm ET) or email CustomerService@NursingCenter.com. NCF does not track member CE credits.
Q: I just joined. How do I get access to a JCN article?
NCF members can log in and go here for a direct link to Journal of Christian Nursing with free access to all the current and archived issues. Check out the Topical Collection and learn how to set up a JCN Personal Library with a customized account for your digital JCN. Contact email@example.com if you need additional assistance with JCN or other benefits. We will respond as soon as possible during normal business hours, Monday to Friday.
Membership or Ministry?
Q: Do I need to pay dues to be part of a local NCF ministry?
No. Members of local chapters meet for spiritual growth, outreach opportunities and professional encouragement. Find NCF ministry in your area.
We also encourage all Christian nurses, educators, and nursing students to join our national professional network for a modest fee. The cost of NCF membership covers a subscription to the Journal of Christian Nursing (a $61 value), online access to all past issues of JCN, discounts on CE and free CE, and more. Find out how to become an NCF member.
Q: What is the difference between being an NCF member and being part of a local group?
Anyone can be part of a local NCF group to connect with other nurses and share your spiritual journeys through Bible studies, prayer, and outreach or service programs. Sometimes people refer to themselves as a “member” of an NCF group or chapter. This means they are involved on the local level.
Being an NCF member can also mean joining the professional nursing organization arm of NCF. Professional membership is on an individual basis and can include nursing students, educators, and nurses of all ages. Like other professional organizations, there is an annual membership fee which includes a subscription to the Journal of Christian Nursing, CE discounts, and other benefits. An NCF membership can qualify as a magnet model component in magnet hospital systems.
Q: More questions?