Got questions? We’ve got answers! (Well, some answers.) If you have questions as a new member, a renewing member, or simply want to know more about NCF resources, networks and ministry opportunities, see below. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, email NCF and we’ll find the answer. Our dedicated office staff team says, “We know a lot, but we don’t know it all.”
The Membership Process (joining or renewing)
Q: What do I need to know as a new member?
Congratulations! Now that you’ve joined the NCF professional network, here is brief reminder of what you will receive as an NCF member:
- Your new member packet should have already arrived with your NCF Membership Card, NCF pin, and welcome letter from Kathy Kathy Schoonover-Shoffner, NCF Director.
- Once a month you will receive the NCF member e-newsletter, Charting the Way, with a devotional thought from Kathy Schoonover-Shoffner and a variety of other news features and ministry tools. [NOTE: Please do not “unsubscribe” to this newsletter or we will have no way to contact you when your membership is due for renewal.]
- You will receive the Journal of Christian Nursing, a quarterly periodical filled with articles, research, personal stories and spiritually encouraging material for the Christian nurse. Take advantage of the JCN online archive, special JCN Collections, and use your member discount for ongoing CE credits.
Please bookmark NCF in your inbox so our communications with you don’t end up in SPAM!
Q: How do I know if it’s time to renew?
Currently, members are not able to check membership status on the NCF website. Your membership renewal date is printed on your membership card sent in your annual confirmation letter. It is also at the bottom of every Charting the Way monthly e-newsletter. Before your membership is due to expire, you can renew and pay online or send a check with your completed renewal form to: NCF Membership, P.O. Box 7895, Madison, WI 53707.
Q: What if I forget to renew?
We know you're busy. If you forget to renew, you will receive up to five reminders that it is time to renew your annual membership. You can expect to receive up to three email notifications and two postal mail notifications. Please bookmark NCF in your inbox so our emails to you don’t end up in SPAM!
Q: Is my payment information secure?
Our highest priority is to protect your vital information online. When you pay for your membership in the InterVarsity Store, it is processed through the highly secure online environment of InterVarsity Christian Fellowship which uses Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards and is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the proper use of information, we have a relationship with an established merchant services provider and implement appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure personal information. For example, your information is encrypted and transmitted using a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
Of course, if you prefer to write a check and mail it, please send it to NCF, P.O. Box 7895, Madison, WI 53707-7895 with the information from the membership application so it can be processed correctly.
Q: Where can I find my membership number, expiration date, and profile information?
We currently do not have a secure way to provide your personal information online. We continue to work on finding a way to develop or purchase a system to provide this. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you want your profile information, please email NCF and we provide it for you.
Q: How do I print my member card? I just joined/renewed.
A: The member application process is not immediate for new and renewing members. Please allow 24-48 hours for your payment to be processed. If you need your updated member card sent via PDF or need a print copy mailed to you, please email NCF.
For Renewing Members: After your payment is processed, we will complete your membership renewal. You will receive an email with the updated membership information and membership card. Please check your Junk mail to assure safe delivery. If you have not received an email with your updated member card within 7 to 10 days, please email NCF.
For New Members: After your payment is processed, we will complete your membership application. You will receive a welcome packet in the mail with your membership card and information. If you have not received your new member packet in 14-20 days, please email NCF.
Q: Is any or all of the membership fee tax deductible?
A: Good question. The answer is no, as your payment is for a service (membership) and a product (the Journal of Christian Nursing)and so not considered a donation. If you would ever like to make a donation to NCF – to support a staff member, for student ministry, or a special need – that gift would be tax deductible.
Member Benefits: JCN, CE and more
Q: How can I receive all that NCF membership offers?
Becoming a member of the NCF professional organization is only the beginning of connecting with other nurses who share a common vision for God’s grace and truth to permeate all we do. As we care for others, we reflect the love of Jesus to our patients, colleagues, friends and family.
We provide a variety of resources to assist you on this journey. Take advantage of all that NCF has to offer:
- Sign up here for NCF Connections, a monthly e-newsletter that highlights important news, resources, ministry stories and timely reminders for nurses, nursing students and educators connected with NCF. This is different than your Charting the Way newsletter which is for members only and highlights member benefits.
- Check out the NCF Nurses Blog and use the RSS feed to automatically receive featured stories and ministry highlights from around the country. Stay up-to-date on how God is working through NCF groups on campus and in the community.
- Explore the NCF website for Bible studies, guidelines for spiritual care, resources for faculty, and much more.
- Join the NCF Facebook network for the easiest access to all the current news, articles and resources to equip you to serve the Lord in nursing.
Q: Can I view Journal of Christian Nursing on my smart phone?
Yes! Download the smartphone app “Journals@LWW” (free) and access the table of contents (TOC) for the current issue of JCN as well as all other LWW journals. You can then view abstracts free as well as full text articles from the current issue. You do have to sign in with your online user name and password to view the articles full text. Note: You can only look at the current issue with the Journals@LWW app. You can use your Safari or other browser to go online to www.journalofchristiannursing.com just like you would on a computer to look at previous issues / archives. The web pages are designed to be viewed on a smart phone as well as computer.
Q: How do I take the JCN CE test online?
Instructions for Taking the JCN CE Test Online:
- Read the article. The test for this CE activity can be taken online at www.NursingCenter.com/CE/CNJ. Find the test under the article title. Tests can no longer be mailed or faxed. You will need to create a free username and password and login to your personal CE Planner account before taking online tests. Your planner will keep track of all your online CE activities for you at Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- There is only one correct answer for each question. A passing score for this test is 13 correct answers. If you pass, you can print your certificate of earned contact hours and access the answer key. If you fail, you have the option of taking the test again at no additional cost.
- This CE test also is available for viewing at www.journalofchristiannursing.com in the table of contents for this issue.
- Visit www.nursingcenter.com for other CE activities and your personalized CE planner tool.
- For questions contact Lippincott Williams & Wilkins: 1-800-787-8985
Lippincott Williams & Wilkins is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
This activity is also provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 11749 for 2.5 contact hours. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins is also an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the District of Columbia and Florida, CE Broker #50-1223. Your certificate is valid in all states.
Q: What discounts on CE are available to members only?
As a benefit of NCF membership, receive CE 25% discount on over 40 nursing journals published by LWW at NursingCenter.com - received 30% on CE in JCN. Whatever your nursing practice, you’ll find relevant Continuing Education – with a discount for NCF members only! Use your member log-in for instructions and for special promo codes. You can save between $75 and $90 using your NCF CE discounts on 30 contact hours of CE for relicensure!
Q: How do I check on my CE credits?
You can access your CE credits with your login at the Lippincott Nursing Center. This includes any CE you received through Journal of Christian Nursing and your NCF member CE discount. You can contact them by phone at NursingCenter Customer Service at 1-800-787-8985 (M-F, 8:30 am - 7 pm ET) or email CustomerService@NursingCenter.com. NCF does not track member CE credits.
Q: I just joined. How do I get access to a JCN article?
Contact email@example.com if you need assistance with JCN or other benefits. Include your Order # from your online payment confirmation. We will respond as soon as possible during normal business hours, Monday to Friday.
Membership or Ministry?
Q: Do I need to pay dues to be part of a local NCF ministry?
No. Members of local chapters meet for spiritual growth, outreach opportunities and professional encouragement. Find NCF ministry in your area.
We also encourage all Christian nurses, educators and faculty to join our national professional network for a modest fee. The cost of NCF membership covers a subscription to the Journal of Christian Nursing, online access to all past issues of JCN, discounts on CE and more. Find out how to become an NCF member.
Q: What is the difference between being an NCF member and being part of a local group?
Anyone can be part of a local NCF group to connect with other nurses and share your spiritual journeys through Bible studies, prayer, and outreach or service programs. Sometimes people refer to themselves as a “member” of an NCF group or chapter. This means they are involved on the local level.
Being an NCF member can also mean joining the professional nursing organization arm of NCF. Professional membership is on an individual basis and can include nursing students, educators and nurses of all ages. Like other professional organizations, there is an annual membership fee which includes a subscription to the Journal of Christian Nursing, CE discounts and other benefits. An NCF membership can qualify as a magnet model component in magnet hospital systems.