Find NCF events in your area and connect with other nurses, students and faculty. Sign up to receive email notices of events in your area.
NCF Texas Round Top Retreat
Effective Prayer-Effective Nursing: Best Practices for Prayer in Nursing
DATE: February 3-5, 2017
LOCATION: Round Top Retreat Center, Round Top, TX
DESCRIPTION: Patients in any clinical setting often experience fear, loneliness, and a loss of hope. Nurses can offer prayer to help those in their care experience peace, love and hope. Come to a beautiful and peaceful place to explore biblical truths about prayer and to gain knowledge and skill in offering appropriate prayer with confidence and compassion.
Through teaching, personal study, and discussion, nurses and students will have the opportunity to grow deeper with God and discover how prayer can transform their lives and their nursing practice. Take time away from the busyness of life and refresh your soul and your joy in nursing.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Identify biblical principles for prayer.
- Describe the possible outcomes of prayer.
- Practice the disciplines of open communication with God and meditation on Scripture in personal prayer.
- Discuss best practices to pray with patients.
- Develop a plan to include prayer in your patient care according to your comfort level and the patient’s needs and preferences.
The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. James 5:16b
EARLY BIRD Registration Fees - BEFORE November 15th!
Fees include materials, lodging, meals and refreshments!
- NCF Nurse Member (NCF/USA paid member): $160.00*
- Nurse (non-NCF paid member): $175.00*
- Student NCF Member: $70*
- Student (full-time, pre-licensed/undergraduate ONLY): $85*
This option is not available to RNs choosing to advance their degrees;
- Daily- NO overnight accommodation: $75*
NCF Policy for Promoting and Advertising Events