Find NCF events in your area and connect with other nurses, students and faculty. Sign up to receive email notices of events in your area.
Elim Faith Community Nursing Fall Workshop
Dark Night of the Soul: Depression in the Church
DATE & TIME: November 8, 2017, 9 AM- 12:45 PM
LOCATION: New Hope Church, 4225 Gettysburg Ave N, New Hope, MN.
COST: $25.00 (includes lunch and 3 CEUs).
Sponsored by Elim Faith Community Nurse Network.
DESCRIPTION: This event is for Nurses, Pastors, Care & Health Ministry Members and the objectives of the workshop are:
- Review signs and symptoms of depression and their effect on individuals and families.
- Describe strategies for Faith Community Nurse (FCN) intervention and self-help with individuals experiencing depressive symptoms and behavior.
- Identify resources available to the Faith Community Nurse to support individuals and families managing depressive symptoms.
- Explore commonly used screening tools, co-occurring illnesses/conditions and current pharmacological approaches for depression.
- Collaborate with other FCNs to explore intervention strategies and resources used in their experience with depression.
Brochure and registration information or contact Joanne Hall
Annual Global Health Missions Conference
DATE: November 9-11, 2017
LOCATION: Southeast Christian Church, Louisville, Kentucky.
REGISTRATION and INFORMATION
East Texas NCF Retreat
Come Away with Me to Rest, Reflect, and Refresh
DATE: February 23-25, 2018
LOCATION: Sky Ranch in Van, TX
Then, because so many people were coming and going…, he said to them,
“Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.” Mark 6:31- 33
DESCRIPTION: East Texas NCF invites nurses, educators, and students to the Piney Woods for a weekend of rest and refreshment. The spiritual dimension is a major healing force for ourselves and our patients, and we can experience spiritual renewal through teaching, personal study, and discussion. The retreat will provide the opportunity for you to grow deeper with God, apply biblical principles to your life, and discover how rest and reflection can transform your nursing practice. Take time away from the busyness of life and work and refresh your joy in nursing and your soul!
Fee includes materials, lodging, meals and refreshments
- Early Bird Registration before December 1, for Nurses: $135.00
- After December 1, for Nurses: $150.00
- Student (full-time, pre-licensed/undergraduate ONLY): $50 (this option is not available to RNs choosing to advance their degrees)
- Saturday ONLY- NO overnight accommodation: $75
Registration DEADLINE: January 22, 2018
Email for more information.
Innovations in Faith-Based Nursing Conference
DATE: June 18-21, 2018
LOCATION: Indiana Wesleyan University, Marion, Indiana.
ABSTRACTS: Collection begins July 1, 2017 and closes December 1, 2017.
The Nurses Christian Fellowship International Caribbean and North America Quadrennial Regional Conference
Infusing Hope in Nursing: A Christian Perspective
DATE: July 19-22, 2018
LOCATION: Azusa Pacific University, CA
INFORMATION • DOWNLOAD POSTER
NCF Policy for Promoting and Advertising Events