Now more than ever having a community of nursing students around you that can encourage and support you and point others to Jesus is vital! As our semesters start, be in prayer about how your NCF chapter can be a light in a dark world. Meeting online can be tiresome and stretching; but, knowing there is a community of nursing students on campus sharing the gospel online could be a lifeline to a student in your sphere of influence. Check out these online resources to support your chapter meetings online this fall.
A Gathering of NCF students for a time of rest and renewal. 45 minutes of worship, testimony, devotional and an invitation to mission using our new Proxe station.
We'll go LIVE on August 6th! Once the event is over, please feel free to use the recording at any NCF gathering.
Check out our new and in process Proxe! This is a draft of our new interactive display, while there might be changes down the line it is ready to use now. We would love to have you participate in learning how to use a proxe as well as continue to develop it into a tool for reaching nursing students for years to come. Join an online national community where you will get targeted leadership development as well as coaching in how to effectively share the gospel. If you are interested in participating please fill out this short form.
We will meet every other week for an hour of coaching and leadership development with a national learning community of NCF staff, students, and faculty.
Use this this proxe station (an interactive display) to have a spiritual conversation with your fellow nursing students. You can download and print the panels to display on a table display. Or, you can host a conversation via Zoom and share the images over Zoom while you ask questions and share about your own life.
Instructions for an In-Person Proxe:
Instructions for an Online Proxe:
- Pray, ask the Lord who he would have you invite to the conversation.
- You can host a one on one conversation or in small groups with others from your NCF chapter.
- Invite a friend to join you for a conversation about self care and spiritual things. Making an invitation can be scary but look for natural opportunities as you talk with your friends about this semester, their fears and concerns. It can be as easy as saying “This semester is so hard! Our NCF chapter has been focusing on self care and how we can care for ourselves during this crazy semester. Would you like to have a conversation to talk about how Jesus cares for us?”
- Follow the script, sharing and listening, asking questions and presenting that Jesus cares for us all in every way.
- Thank them for joining you, ask them if they have any questions.
Zoom is an easy format to use for your NCF meetings. Check out this webpage with tips and tricks to use Zoom such as reducing the empty space (the time where no one is talking) during a Zoom meeting.
Not sure if you are ready for the fall? Here is a short checklist to help you think through the one or two more things you need to focus on for a successful fall launch. If you have any questions about the items feel free to reach out to NCF@intervarsity.org.
Download this quick one page reference sheet for tips, tricks, and links to running a smooth online Bible study.
Make a copy of this template and use it for any Bible study in the book of Psalms. See instructions below for using it. This template can be used in “real time” to run an interactive Bible study.
Follow this easy template to spend time in prayer as an NCF chapter.
Not sure how you will have fun together as an NCF chapter? Check out these ideas to try!
InterVarsity, NCF’s parent organization has compiled a website for students and chapter leaders to resource them for online ministry. Check out the options and always feel free to contextualize to NCF.