Roberts Wesleyan College
The School of Nursing at Roberts Wesleyan College advances the profession of nursing through education, practice, and scholarship within a supportive Christian academic environment for students, staff, and faculty.
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
The Crothers Science & Nursing Center is a dedicated space for our nursing and science students. This building opened in the fall of 2015.
Highlights of Crothers:
- The Simulation Center
- The simulation center includes lifelike adult and child manikins that speak, breathe, and blink, allowing a true hands-on nursing experience as students learn in a variety of scenarios such as childbirth, illness, and more. Faculty members provide simulation experiences and students respond as if they are treating a real patient. Faculty are able to watch students behind a one-way observation window.
- Practice Lab
- The practice lab has twelve beds and is also equipped with manikins. The lab beds are set up like a hospital room including medication carts and other equipment very similar to those found in a hospital. There are also two private practice rooms and a center space to seat 24 students so that students can practice skills during class.
- The simulation rooms and practice lab are set up with video equipment for recording, live-streaming, and reviewing after practice activities.
- Student Study Lounges
- There are two lounges: one on the lower level with an enclosed room for study space and one on the second level with computers for students to use.
- Nursing Honor Society
- The Tau Xi Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI) was chartered in 2006. The mission of this international honor society of nursing is to “advance world health and celebrate nursing excellence in scholarship, leadership and service". This global organization has more than 130,000 members from 85 countries.
- Locally, members of the Tau Xi chapter supports the Sigma Theta Tau International mission by:
- Providing support to the House of Mercy ministry for the homeless
- Supporting student scholarship and presentations at local and international conferences
- Promoting global health through donations to “The Shoe that Grows” program
- Sigma Theta Tau provides members with access to :
- Continuing education and conferences at discounted prices
- Career and leadership development resources
- Access to journals and other resources
- Students meeting eligibility criteria receive invitations to join in the junior or senior year of study. More detailed information about STTI can be found at https://www.sigmanursing.org/
Transcultural Nursing Class Experience
Nursing students have the opportunity to travel to Costa Rica to use their skills to serve the Carpio community with Christ for the City. In the past, this experience has included:
- Going house-to-house inviting the community to a health fair
- Hosting health fairs in 3 of the neediest sections of Carpio
- Taking patients' height, weight, BMI, blood pressure, and blood glucose
- Administering parasite medicine
- Providing toothbrushes, toothpaste, and reading glasses
- Detecting cases of diabetes and high blood pressure
- RN to BSN
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BS, BSN)
- Accelerated BSN (post-bachelor's/second degree BSN)
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- MSN Family Nurse Practitioner
- MSN Nursing Education
- MSN Nursing Leadership and Administration
- RN to MSN
- Post-Master's Certificate