"How do you incorporate faith into nursing practice?" A group of NCF nurses recently responded to that question posed by nursing students at the Texas A&M Health Science Center. Gathering over a light supper, the nurses offered seasoned insights from their wide range of experiences in oncology, geriatrics, emergency care and student health.
Students also quizzed nurses with these questions:
- How do you prepare spiritually to go to work?
- What barriers or challenges have you experienced trying to incorporate Christianity into your practice? Did this affect your working relationship with staff?
- How do you initiate a spiritual discussion with a patient?
- How do you provide spiritual care to someone from a different religion or culture?
- Do you have experience with hospital clergy or chaplains? Can you recommend other resources?
The students and nurses enjoyed the interchange and hope for similar opportunities to interact in the future.
Add new comment